Useful links recommendations
these links might be of help while in search of current musical performances in Vienna
Recommended guides in other cities
Fine dining and great places to eat out
Healthy vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Vienna
- Venus / Herrengasse: Located very centrally in Herrengasse. Me and Rick we have tested it personally for
lunch while doing update work for the 7th edition of the Vienna guidebook
- Wrenkh: In two locations: at Bauernmarkt as well as in Rauensteingasse
- Tian: Located in Himmelpfortgasse (BTW I love this street's name: literally translated „Lane to Heavens Gate“
- Veggiezz: located at Opernring 6.
perfectly located SMALLER CHARMING hotels
- Pension Suzanne: Located right around the corner of the Vienna State Opera
- Benediktushaus: your perfectly located accommodation in an abbey
- Pension Sacher: This places location is just unbelievable: the little Boutique like apartment hotel is
located right next to St. Stephen`s cathedral (Stephansdom) Attention! This is NOT the Sacher Hotel but another place sharing coincidentially the same name.
- K & K Hotel Maria Theresia: Located right behind the Museum Quarter
- Hotel Motel One Wien - Staatsoper: Situated in a beautiful historic building just one block from the opera house
- Hotel Josefshof am Rathaus: Located right behind the Vienna City Hall
- Novotel city Vienna: Located just some minutes outside of the old town
- Hotel Steigenberger Herrenhof: Located in a street with former aristocratic mansions just a couple of steps from the Hofburg the imperial winter palace
- The Guest House Vienna: Situated in a modern building surrounded by historic ones right behind the opera and opposite the Albertina
- Kaiserin Elisabeth: Small boutique hotel just some steps from the cathedral
- Das Tyrol: Located close to the Museum Quater
Smaller hotels located about a 10-15 minute walk outside of the downtown area
- Hotel Spiess & Spiess: A very nice little Boutique hotel located right beside the subway which brings you in just a couple of minutes to the heart of the city.
However you can just as well walk to downtown too.
- Schreiners Essen & Wohnen: Located about 15 minutes from the downtown area (a 15 minute walk from the Ring)
my guests` favorite LUXURY hotels in Vienna
- The LeoGrand Hotel: In a beautifully restored old building with a long past
- Palais Coburg: A former aristocratic family’s Vienna mansion sitting on parts of the old city walls
- Rosewood Vienna: Opened in 2022 and located in the middle of all
My recommendation for a food Tour